1. Recently, the Banqiao-Binhai 500kV transmission line, built by State Grid Tianjin Electric Power Company, was put into service, which marked the closed-loop operation of the 500kV double-loop structure in Tianjin.
2. Trina Solar, a member of Solar Module Super League, has delivered 800MW of solar modules to the 2GW Al Dhafra PV plant in the UAE, one of the largest single-site solar projects in the world. The Chinese company delivered its 210mm Vertex modules to the China Machinery Engineering Corporation for deployment at the Al Dhafra plant. The project, which is owned by the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company and Masdar, comprises around 3.5 million modules in total.
3. China still dominates the global EV market, but sales are rising quickly elsewhere too. Battery electrics are pulling ahead of plug-in hybrids and the gap is set to widen further in the years ahead, according to Electric Vehicle Outlook 2023 launched by BloombergNEF.
4. EV sales are surging due to a combination of policy support, improvements in battery technology, more charging infrastructure and new compelling models from automakers. Electrification is also spreading to new segments of road transport, setting the stage for huge changes ahead, according to Electric Vehicle Outlook 2023 launched by BloombergNEF.
5. China’s Zijin Mining Group is in talks to build a lithium conversion plant in Argentina, collaborating with energy companies Camyen and YPF. The project aims to produce 50,000 metric tons of cathodes for electric vehicle batteries annually, starting next year. Argentina sees this investment as an opportunity to develop its domestic industry and avoid the pitfalls of relying solely on raw material exports, according to Bloomberg.
6. China's first high-altitude photovoltaic hydrogen storage project - Huadian Delingha's one million-kW photovoltaic storage and 3 MW photovoltaic hydrogen production project has been put into operation for power generation. The project can generate 2.2 billion kWh of green electricity per year, meeting the annual needs of 2 million households.
7. By the end of June 2023, China's dedicated production capacity for sodium-ion batteries has reached 10GWh, up 8GWh compared to the end of 2022, according to the White Paper on the Development of China's Sodium-Ion Battery Industry (2023). China's sodium-ion battery production capacity will reach 275.8 GWh by the end of 2025, according to EVTank.
8. Trina Solar has signed a 150MW module and tracker supply deal with Israeli PV developer Teralight. The deal will supply the first phase of the Ta’anakh PV project, which will total 250MW upon its completion by the end of June 2024 in the Jezreel Valley in the north of Israel.
9. Over 100 million kW for the first time in history! According to the State Grid's Hubei Electric Power, by the end of June 2023, the installed capacity of power generation in central China's Hubei Province reached 100.65 million kW, equivalent to an installed capacity of four Three Gorges Power Stations.
10. Audi will team up with Chinese partners to set strategic guidelines to promote its development in the electric vehicle field, the German auto giant said in response to a media report that it will buy the EV platform of a Chinese carmaker, according to Yicai.