1. China's first deep-sea floating wind power platform Haiyou Guanlan on Saturday completed offshore construction with all undersea cables installed, meaning the platform - designed to generate electricity of 22 million kWh annually on average - will soon start operation.
2. According to Cailian Press, China's Dongfang Electric and SPIC reached a strategic cooperation on May 6th. The two parties will cooperate in fields like clean and low-carbon energy, nuclear power industry, and emerging industries.
3. On May 8, all 135 wind turbines of SPIC Yunnan International Fuyuan West Wind Power Project were connected to the grid for power generation, marking the 800MW plateau wind power base with the largest installed capacity in China to be put into operation at full capacity.
4. In 2023Q1, China Energy ranked first among the five largest power generation groups in China with a revenue of RMB206.371 billion($29.85 billion). The 2nd to 4th places are: Huaneng, SPIC, Huadian, and Datang.
5. On May 6th, according to Pakistani media, Pakistan may use RMB to pay for crude oil imported from Russia. It is expected that the first batch of 750,000 barrels of crude oil will land in June at the earliest.
6. According to China Silicon Industry Association, by the end of 2022, the global polysilicon production capacity was 1.322M tons, and the output was 947,000 tons, of which China's polysilicon output was 827,000 tons. The production capacity of Tongwei, Xinte, GCL, East Hope, and Daqo accounted for 64%. In terms of output, except for East Hope, the output of four companies has reached 67%.
7. The demonstration project of Hualong One, China's homegrown third-generation nuclear power reactor design, passed the final acceptance tests on Friday, the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) announced. #energy #powe
8. The Dateng Gorge water conservancy project on the Xijiang River in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region has already generated over 10 billion kWh of electricity since the first three hydropower generating units were put into operation in 2020.
9. The clean energy the project has produced is estimated to be equivalent to the electricity generated by 3.09 million tons of standard coal, the Guangxi Dateng Gorge Water Conservancy Development Co., Ltd said on Saturday.
10. No. 4 unit of the 1st nuclear power project in western China successfully finished cold functional tests Sat in Guangxi. The Fangchenggang Nuclear Power Plant plans to build 6 mln-kW-level nuclear power units, of which No. 3 & 4 units boast homegrown Hualong One nuclear reactors.