1. SANY Group has announced that the SANY New Energy Engineering Vehicle Testing Center based in Changsha City, the capital of central China'sHunan province, has commenced operation. With a total investment exceeding RMB 100 million, the Center is a world first, equipped with a range of cutting-edge facilities, making it China's most comprehensive testing base focusing on the development of battery-powered engineering vehicles.
2. The temporary detention of a Chinese photovoltaic company senior executive by German police has no significant impact on the industry, according to Chinese business people attending the Intersolar Europe expo in Munich. Senior industry professionals said that the incident has nothing to do with geopolitics and does not affect the business of major Chinese PV companies in Germany. An official added that what happened has not caused the least change in German policy and demand.
3. Nearly 40% of China's 163 kinds of mineral resources saw a rise in reserve in 2022, said the Ministry of Natural Resources on Wednesday, adding that the reserve of petroleum, natural gas, and shale gas increased 3.2%, 3.6%, and 3.0% YoY, respectively.
4. China is consolidating its leading position and is set to account for almost 55% of global additions of renewable power capacity in both 2023 and 2024, according to IEA. China added more wind generation capacity in the past two years than over the previous seven, and in 2022 generated 46% more wind power than all of Europe, the second largest wind generation market, according to data from think tank Ember.
5. CRRC's Ningdong, China's first hydrogen-powered locomotive transformed from a diesel locomotive, rolled off the production line in Datong, Shanxi on Thursday. The locomotive is equipped with a hydrogen fuel cell system with a maximum power of 800 kW in the rail transit industry, a maximum hydrogen storage capacity of 270 kg, and a maximum battery life of 190 hours.
6. On June 12, the daily output of crude oil in Qinghai Oilfield exceeded 6,570 tons, a new high since 2023.
7. China's green transition has continued to drive its economic growth this year, as witnessed by the rapid growth of new energy products in the first five months, the National Bureau of Statistics said at a press conference Thursday.
8. Geely Auto started today the construction of its photovoltaic industry chain project, annual production of 100,000 tons of physical polysilicon project in Helan Industrial Park, Ningxia. Geely stated that it hopes to build a zero-carbon park of silicon energy industry chain plus clean energy plus energy storage.
9. On June 16, China's National Development and Reform Commission stated that it will continue to consolidate and expand the development of new energy vehicles from both the demand and supply side and promote the high-quality development of the new energy vehicle industry.
10. On June 15, BYD's global R&D center with an investment of 20 billion yuan, and the energy storage industrial park project with an investment of 2 billion yuan started construction in Longgang District, Shenzhen. After being put into production, 20GWh of new energy storage system capacity will be added, and the annual output value will reach about 20 billion yuan.