1. China's 1st high-power electric shunting locomotive rolled off the production line Thur in Zhuzhou, C China's Hunan. With a maximum towing power of 1,500 kW, this locomotive designed for industrial users can travel 128 km while hauling 1,200 tonnes of cargo on a full charge.
2. Tesla yesterday announced that this year marks its 10th year in the Chinese market. The US electric carmaker will continue to work hard in China and look forward to developing together with the local NEV, energy storage, AI, and other industries.
3. Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday called for expanding China-Mexico cooperation in finance, electric vehicles and other emerging industries. Xi made the remarks when meeting his Mexican counterpart, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders' Meeting.
4. In the anti-subsidy investigation of Chinese electric vehicles, the European Commission's sampling standards are not compliant, the sampling process is not transparent, the sampling results are unfair, and the relevant practices are suspected of violating WTO rules and EU laws, which is a discriminatory move against Chinese EV companies and will seriously distort the results of the probe, China's Ministry of Commerce said on Thursday.
5. Leapmotor showcased its new model, the C10, at the Auto Guangzhou 2023 today after unveiling the mid-size e-SUV at the IAA Mobility in Munich in September. The C10 will be available in the first quarter of next year.
6. Recently, the completion ceremony of Bangladesh's first sea land integrated ultra large oil storage and transportation project - single point mooring and double line pipeline project - was held, which was jointly constructed by China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau Engineering Co., Ltd. After the project is completed and put into operation, it will greatly alleviate the energy shortage in Bangladesh, and is expected to save $128 million in crude oil transportation costs annually.
7. Aiko Solar Energy, a leading Chinese solar cell maker, claims it has not violated Maxeon Solar Technologies' patent despite a lawsuit regarding a powerful technology that only a few companies master. Aiko's all back contact products are fundamentally different from those of Maxeon Solar based on multiple verifications by Aiko's intellectual property team and a law firm in Europe, the Shanghai-based company announced yesterday.
8. Apart from Aito and Luxeed, Huawei has also partnered with BAIC Group and JAC Group to release two more car brands, Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei's smart car BU, said at the Auto Guangzhou 2023. Huawei debuted its first full-size SUV Aito M9 today at the auto show.
9. Swedish EV startup Polestar Cars said before Auto Guangzhou 2023 that it will deliver its pure electric SUV Polestar 4 next month, with prices starting from CNY299,900 (USD41,378). Volvo-backed Polestar is among the first batch of Tesla's charger-sharing partners, it added.
10. "Huaxi 1600", China's self-developed 1,600-ton self-elevating and self-propelled offshore wind power installation platform was delivered in Qingdao, east China's Shandong Province on Thursday.