1. The first 1-million-kW-level offshore wind power project in S China's Greater Bay Area was officially connected to the grid recently in Guangdong. The project can generate 3 billion kWh of clean electricity and reduce CO2 emissions by 2.35 million tonnes per year upon completion.
2. Ports that Guangzhou Customs supervises saw exports of more than 84,000 vehicles in the first 10 months of the year, up 81.5% year-on-year. Of them, 63,000 were sold to countries involved in the Belt and Road Initiative, a year-on-year growth of 71.5%.
3. Data released by China's National Energy Administration on the 15th showed that in October 2023, China's total electricity consumption was 741.9 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 8.4%. From January to October, the total electricity consumption in China was 7,605.9 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 5.8%.
4. Xiaomi registered its highly anticipated new car model as SU7, likely a codename, Yicai learned from a filing the handset giant submitted to the MIIT. The two 3-meter-long-wheelbase vehicles using BYD and CATL batteries have no LiDAR capability.
5. Chinese manufacturer Trina Solar has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with wholesale distributor Marubeni Australia to supply 1.5GW of its Vertex N modules in the Oceania region. The agreement – which will span a five-year period – will see Trina Solar supply its TOPCon modules from the Vertex N series to be deployed across the Pacific islands.
6. The world's 1st wind power-fishery equipment has ushered in the 1st batch of fish harvest including over 4,500kg of golden pompano and other high-value fish species in S China's Guangdong, marking a success in the country's integration of wind power generation and fish farming.
7. President Xi Jinping delivered a speech on Nov. 15 in San Francisco at the joint welcome banquet of friendship groups in the U.S. He mentioned that "The Unity of Nature and Man" and "Tao follows Nature" are important concepts of China's excellent traditional culture. Now, nearly half of the world's installed photovoltaic power generation capacity is in China, more than half of the world's new energy vehicles are driven in China, and a quarter of the world's new green area comes from China. We strive to reach Carbon Peaking before 2030 and achieve Carbon Neutrality before 2060. "We do what we say," Xi said.
8. China's northernmost nuclear power station, Xudapu Nuclear Power Plant in northeast China's Liaoning, kicked off the construction of its No.1 unit's nuclear island on Wednesday. The 1,291-MW unit is expected to start operation in 2028.
9. Shares of Xpeng Motors dropped after the Chinese new energy vehicle startup said its net loss widened 64% in 2023Q3 from a year earlier. Xpeng was trading down 4.2% at HKD64.95 as of 3.45 p.m. in Hong Kong today. However, the company's New York-listed stock closed 2.3% up at USD17.39 yesterday. Net loss was CNY3.9 billion (USD537.6 million) in the three months ended Sept. 30, widening 64% from the same period last year and 39% from the previous quarter.
10. On Nov. 16, a scientific research team from the Chinese Academy of Sciences unveiled a groundbreaking wide-temperature range lithium battery at the 25th China High-Tech Fair. This innovative battery can function normally in temperatures ranging from minus 70 degrees Celsius to above zero 80 degrees Celsius, which will provide technical support for the use of energy vehicles in extreme temperatures such as winter.