1. Huawei yesterday released the Luxeed S7 electric sedan, the first model under its smart selection with Chery Auto. With presale price starting from CNY258,000 (USD35,450), the S7 supports 800V charging and is equipped with HarmonyOS 4 smart cockpit.
2. Southwest China's Xizang Autonomous Region has accelerated the building of a national clean energy base, and clean energy now makes up nearly 90% of the installed power generation capacity, said a white paper issued by the State Council Information Office Friday. It has thus contributed to China's targets for peak carbon emissions and carbon neutrality.
3. Ganfeng Lithium Co. is open to forming a partnership with the Mexican government on a project that would turn the Latin American nation into a commercial producer of the battery metal and resolve a dispute over the asset.
4. China's NEV sales rose 33.5% to 956,000 units in October from the same period last year, data from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers showed today. Over 7.28 million NEVs were sold in the first 10 months of the year, up 37.8% from a year earlier.
5. According to the China Automotive Power Battery Industry Innovation Alliance today, in October, China's total sales of power and energy storage batteries were 75.0 GWh, a MoM increase of 4.7%. Among them, power battery sales were 61.0GWh, accounting for 81.4%, a YoY increase of 19.5%; energy storage battery sales were 13.9GWh, accounting for 18.6%, a MoM increase of 21.9%.
6. According to the China Automotive Power Battery Industry Innovation Alliance, China's total exports of power and energy storage batteries in October were 14.5 GWh, a MoM increase of 9.1%. These exports accounted for 19.4% of the month's sales. Out of the total, power battery exports were 11.5 GWh, accounting for 78.9% and showing a MoM increase of 3.8% and a YoY increase of 34.0%. Energy storage battery exports were 3.1 GWh, accounting for 21.1% and showing a MoM increase of 34.9%.
7. According to the China Automotive Power Battery Industry Innovation Alliance, in October, China's power battery installed capacity was 39.2 GWh, a YoY increase of 28.3%. Among them, the installed volume of ternary batteries was 12.3GWh, accounting for 31.4% of the total installed volume, a YoY increase of 14.0%; the installed volume of lithium iron phosphate batteries was 26.8GWh, accounting for 68.5% of the total installed volume, a YoY increase of 36.4%.
8. On November 10, the 6th China International Import Expo (CIIE) concluded. According to reported statistics, the expected transaction volume of this CIIE on a one-year basis is US$78.41 billion, an increase of 6.74% over the previous session.
9. Chinese researchers have built a Low-cost UAV Coordinated Carbon Observation Network prototype based on green gas sensors, consisting of 5 ground-based and 4 UAV-based in-situ measurements to serve qualitative and quantitative studies on CO2 emissions from power plants.
10. Tao Lin, Tesla's Global Vice President, stated in an interview today at CIIE that Tesla is committed to accelerating the transition of the world to sustainable energy, with China playing an integral role in it. With a localization rate of more than 95% since its entry into China, Tesla is actively promoting the development of local talent as well.