1. The Chinese-built Cirata floating solar power plant, the first of its kind in Indonesia and the largest in Southeast Asia, has been fully connected to the grid. The 145-MW power plant operates with 9 hectares of floating solar panels, providing green energy for 50,000 households.
2. ENERGY CHINA announced a partnership with South Korean company SK E&S at the 6th China International Import Expo (CIIE) and signed a framework agreement for hydrogen production equipment and green ammonia supply. Energy China will procure equipment for its integrated green hydrogen and ammonia project in Jilin, transforming wind and solar resources into clean synthetic ammonia for export to South Korea.
3. CTGI's First Wind Power Project in Pakistan was chosen as the UN Global Compact case study for sustainability business practices.
4. JinkoSolar announced recently that its N-type TOPCon large-area photovoltaic modules, certified by TÜV SÜD, have a maximum conversion efficiency of 24.76%, breaking the global module's highest efficiency record so far certified by a third-party authoritative organization.
5. China's leading automaker Changan held a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday for its first car plant in Thailand, marking a major step toward expanding its footprint in Southeast Asia. The new manufacturing facility, spanning approximately 600 acres, is located in the Eastern Economic Corridor Special Zone in coastal Rayong province and will include painting, assembly, engine assembly, and battery assembly units as well as essential supporting facilities.
6. The first World Energy Storage Conference opened today in Ningde, Fujian Province, China. 63 projects were signed at the meeting, with a total planned investment of CNY 119.12 billion, covering the production of midstream products such as energy storage batteries, PACK, industrial and commercial energy storage, and household energy storage; and downstream application scenarios such as offshore wind power and offshore photovoltaics.
7. The world's largest fishery&PV complementary power plant has seen the 1st batch of solar panels for its 1st phase project connected to the grid in E China's Shandong. The 2-GW power plant will further optimize the local power consumption structure upon its full completion.
8. Miao Changxing, the first-level inspector of the Equipment Department of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China, said today that the scale of the country's energy storage industry is expanding rapidly, and the output value of China's lithium-ion battery energy storage industry chain will be close to CNY 200 billion in 2022. In the first half of 2023, the installed capacity of the new energy storage put into operation reached 8.63 mln kW, equivalent to the total installed capacity in the previous years.
9. Fortune 500 has just released its first-ever European edition. The total revenue for the entire Fortune 500 Europe stands at $13.9 trillion, equivalent to 3.5 times Germany's GDP. British energy giant Shell stands as Europe's biggest business with an annual revenue of $381 million in 2022. Other energy companies placing highly are France's TotalEnergies(4), the UK's BP(6), and Electricité de France rounding out the top 10 most valuable companies on the continent.
10. According to SNE Research, in September 2023, CATL was still the world's largest battery manufacturer, with a market share of 36.8%. BYD ranked 2nd with a share of 15.8%, and LG New Energy ranked 3rd with a share of 14.3%.